Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flickeur

Yesterday's presentation of the art sites and how social networking sites has influenced (or kind of revolutionized the art industry) reminded me of this program I came across called Flickeur. Basically, all it does is randomly generate pictures together using Flickr as it's source. There is no discrimination of what pictures show up since everything is random. It's really hard to explain, but taking a look at the site and watching it for a while will help it make sense. One thing that I can say about it is that I can't look at it for too long since I get mesmerized (and really creeped out).

The images that come up form into its own story and--from what I gather--that is the main message of this piece. I believe that there is an exhibit somewhere in the world with this program/site playing.

The artist that constructed this has other pieces using Flickr that you should also check out too, if you're interested. It's all in the link.

No comments: