Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Anthropology Online

A couple weeks back, my roommate showed me this video. Now I know it's way past Valentine's and maybe you don't care about Chinese culture, but there are other things to think about in this video.

The people who made this video are not anthropologist. They are just running an internet show, but they talk a lot about culture. They are spreading the information at an amazing speed through the net. It is like writing mini-ethnographies, but in video form. More and more anthropology can be found online. And not just from anthropologist going online to study World of Warcraft.

Watch the Valentine's Day episode here.

Or look at their website for more videos and information on the group, Sexy Beijing TV.

I wonder if I can get a date by doing anthropological research too?

-Patricia Chan

No comments: