Sunday, February 1, 2009

Animals Have A Social Network?

Our journal article on 1/20/09 was very interesting. When I cam across some of the social networking sites paragraph; a site that seemed to interest me was Dogster. I also saw that there was a Catster, but once I read those two sites existing, I felt that there are all kinds of random social networking sites. I personally did think Dogster and Catster were weird. Animals do not speak any kind of human language and cannot use a computer, but they still have their "own" personal sites. Some animal lovers love their pets that much in order to create a personal pet profile. I actually went on the Dogster because I was curious of what the site looked like. Some of the things these profiles had were a brief description of their pets, their best trick, favorite food, pet peeves, favorite walk, etc. These animals had a couple of pictures posted up on their profiles. There were a few options on adding them as a "friend," giving them a gift, and some other options. I felt that this was a pretty amusing site because people are actually that obsessed to create a profile on their pets.

-Teresa Yu

1 comment:

kace said...

You should check out petsmopolitan.com. Similar concept, but it focuses on the human and pet relationship instead of making pets human. : )