Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What lengths would you go to check your Facebook profile?

I came across this article today and found it both humorous and disturbing. The title of the article is "Man tries to steal laptop to check Facebook". Whether he actually needed to check his profile or he just wanted to steal the laptop, I find it kind of funny that Facebook was used as the motivating factor in the theft. It's the old "Facebook made me do it" excuse. I'm trying to imagine this guy really stealing the laptop to check Facebook, getting caught, and having to explain to his family and friends why he now has a criminal record for a felony. I mean, do you admit that you did it to check your Facebook profile or do you conveniently leave that part out and claim it was just temporary insanity? Do you ever think you'd need to check your profile so badly that you'd steal a computer to do so? I definitely hope all signs point to no on this one. But maybe you can think of a decent enough excuse to do such a thing? I know that sounds pretty horrible but I can't think of a good (or crazy) enough reason to steal a laptop in order to check my profile. Any thoughts?

No comments: