Thursday, February 5, 2009

Project Group: Social Status in WoW

Hey, our group doesn't really have a name yet, but we are going to be examining social status in World of Warcraft. It's a broad aspect, but each member of our team will be examining a specific in game factor that influences what people think and know about your character online.

Claire will research Guilds (in-game player-made organizations).
Bryan is looking at levels and loot (items and gold).
Rebecca is working with Player vs. Player interactions.
Hank wants to examine roleplaying.

Right now, we're planning to use participant observation (playing the game) and interviewing (chatting with people in game) as our primary methods for collecting datum. Give me a message if you have any questions or suggestions for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous Blogger said...

I'd like to join your group research on status in WoW. I believe I spoke with you guys toward the end of class on Tuesday, but didn't make it in on Thursday. So how about a fifth person?

Sounds like you guys may have this covered, but I was thinking about looking into the relationship of a character's visual appearance contrasted with the quality of their gear upon inspection.

Let me know. My email for this class is anonblog09@gmail.com. If you could send me an email there, I can give you my personal email. Thanks a lot.