Tuesday, February 24, 2009

facebook privacy

Hi everyone -
For my project, my group is looking at the different issues with facebook and what I'm looking at specifically are privacy issues within facebook. The current issue a lot of people have probably seen in the news are stories about how facebook is sharing information from people's profile and how they have changed their terms of service to say that they own anything on facebook ( websites you link, pictures, etc.) Anyone who wants to read an interesting article can read the story from this Link . In doing research, though, everyone who I have interviewed or taken a survey from has been more worried about pictures they post on facebook being embarassing or unflattering than anything eles, which I found really interesting and surprising. If any other group is doing something similar this might be something to look into, I've found it really surprising what people's priorities are. I'd also be interested in any other perspective about this issue.

1 comment:

Beebe Blunt said...

Hey Katherine! I'm focusing on the same aspect for my group's paper and I got the same responses from the people I've interviewed. I'm thinking I should find someone who is more "serious" about Facebook to interview because everyone I've talked to so far are more interested in their profile pictures looking good. But maybe the responses we're getting are typical for people our age. Who knows? Good luck with research!