Saturday, January 31, 2009

nolongerlonely.

during speed-research-grouping on thursday I mentioned to a few of you an online dating website I stumbled upon geared towards people with mental disorders. the consensus among everyone was pretty much like "holy crap!" which was also my reaction. I've posted the link so everyone can check it out for themselves.

I'd like to do something with this for our research project; whether it focuses on this site specifically, or other niched/fetishized dating websites in general (more of which I'm looking for) and their potential problems, or identity construction and access on the web for people with mental disorders. 

let me know what you guys think, or if anyone knows of any other somewhat outlandish dating sites/web communities.

1 comment:

free ciity said...

I feel like I am always coming across these types of sites. I cant think of any right now though. I would be interested in working on this for the project though- if you are still looking for people. let me know. :)

jstacy@uci.edu