Thursday, January 29, 2009

Internet Addiction

I'm not sure if anyone posted this article yet, but I was browsing through Digg and I stumbled upon this article:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1874380,00.html

China is trying to "solve" internet addiction by developing camps where children and young adults are sent to be treated for their addiction. Internet Addiction boot camps? Seriously? They even have a "camp" or treatment facility in the U.S.

I'm now questioning if I have an addiction problem, since I'm on the computer or internet for hours on end each day. I wouldn't say I'm addicted, since it's just a norm now to be constantly connected. Are these internet addiction treatment camps a bit severe?
"Once checked in, most patients are required to stay for three months, without access to the outside world, cell phones, or, of course, computers."

-May Ann

No comments: