Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In response to an earlier post...

So I was reading someone's post about keeping your work life and your social life separate, and I've always pretty much done that. The previous post mentioned friending your boss on facebook, which I never thought I'd do until I noticed that my boss, who isn't that much older than me, was more of a friend to some workers than others. I later found out that she was friendlier with the people who she was friends with on facebook. So I became her facebook friend and, sure enough, she started being nicer to me and acting like I was more of her equal...but then she would ask me weird questions like, " I was looking through your pictures and I didn't know you used to have blonde hair- Did you do it yourself? Do you think I'd look good if I dyed my hair?" So I realized she had looked through all my pictures and probably at my groups and profile and it was pretty weird. But it is kind of a double edged sword because, in my case at least, it pays to be friends with your boss, but on the other hand you don't really want to risk them seeing something bad in your pictures or on your wall. Just an interesting new problem for the workers of the world.

No comments: